Podcasts

Podcasts and podcasting news from Robyn Tippins.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Podcast - Interview With LinkedIN CoFounder and Jaxtr CEO, Konstantin Guericke

When I found out Konstantin Guericke, one of the founders of LinkedIN and their marketing/pr guy until Kay recently took over, I knew I wanted to find out more about the company that interested him enough to take his leave of LinkedIN. Konstantin is still an advisor at LinkedIN, but has moved out of the day to day operations to focus on running Jaxtr.

Jaxtr is similar to click-to-call in that it enables instant voice communication from a site with just one click. With Jaxtr, once the beta is open, you can place a snippet of code on your blog and end up with a button (like the one you see to the right sidebar of my own blog, Practical Blogging) or a full featured widget (like what pops up when you click the Jaxtr button on Practical Blogging). Users can click the button/widget and enter their phone number to instantly communicate with you.

I have another option on my blog for instant communication, the MeeboMe widget. But Jaxtr stands apart as the only way, other than Skype, for instant communication via voice. And, with Skype, you have the limitation that only Skype users can call you from your blog AND you must be at your computer to receive the call (unless you've forwarded your Skype calls to your phone, but that's an additional step and it costs SkypeOut money).

If you want to give Jaxtr a try, call me anytime (remember please that I am in VA-USA so I'm GMT -5 (EST). Of course, as well, please download the Interview With LinkedIN Cofounder and Jaxtr CEO, Konstantin Guericke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home